So - first, sauté the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes with just the butter and olive oil. Then add the vermouth and continue sautéing until they're soft - about 8-10 more minutes. Then lift out with a slotted spoon and serve on top of your steak. Lord have mercy, this is just plain FABULOUS! And it's such an easy thing to do! Just add that magical vermouth during the last 2/3rds of the sauté process. Boy, oh boy. The difference!

A couple of tips for you... #1: Although vermouth is a wine, it's categorized as a liquor where to buy magic mushrooms because of its alcohol content. Therefore you have to purchase it where liquor is sold. (In Idaho liquor is not sold in grocery stores so I have to make a special trip to the liquor store. But it's well worth it!). I've tried the two top brands of vermouth - "Martini" and "Noilly Pratt". Both are delicious but my personal preference is Noilly Pratt. And by the way, we're talking about extra-dry white vermouth here (it also comes in red but that's another article). Extra-dry is the most common; it's what's used to make gin & vodka martinis, manhattans, etc.

Be the first person to like this.