Viewing Single Post
liny195

My dad may be a man of few words White Marcus Cannon Jerseys , but occasionally he’ll still crank out an all-time knowledge bomb like this:(This line was also dropped on me when I was maybe in second grade, so in hindsight that might explain a lot)That’s today’s relevant dad quote because on Friday, SB Nation ran the following hypothetical that’s normally settled over brews and a giant shared plate of something deep-fried and covered with enough cheese to make sure American cheese never dies despite millennials trying to kill it:Would you rather have Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes leading a game-winning drive in 2018?Like any good “would you rather?”, we need to set some terms here.So, same as we’ve been arguing for the last 15 years with Brady & Manning, got it. I still have a few questions though. Since we’re talking present-day Brady and Mahomes, does that also mean they’re throwing to their current respective wideouts and tight ends and running backs? Or are they both throwing to the same hypothetical skill position players Marcus Cannon Jerseys 2019 , like a fantasy team or Madden Ultimate Team type situation? Same thing for the offensive line. Are they playing in the cold? Am I overanalyzing this? Is this why Tinder DMs are so hard?Do I sound like Bill Simmons right now?Anyway.Here’s how it shook out, and at about 1300 votes and counting, this looks like a wrap:Yes, that is what it looks like: almost two-thirds of the voters are picking Patrick Mahomes.Now, we’re not here to roast anybody or anything, but let’s just take a look at this one little bit of I’m-not-saying-I’m-just-saying from why SBN’s Adam Stites on why he’d roll Mahomes:Ten years ago? Man, if only Brady had a significant comeback win since 2008. Brutal.Greg M. Cooper-USA TODAY SportsThat would really make this discussion much easier. You know White Brandon Bolden Jerseys , something Team Brady could point to and be like “THIS!”Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty ImagesEspecially if Brady had set a record of some kind for deficits overcome in a championship game and then broken his own record recently. Man, that would really be a big ol’ check mark in the Brady column here.Alas. The people have spoken.There is good news, though! With Sunday’s primetime showdown over/under currently sitting at 58.5, there’s a good chance we’ll have this exact situation settled right around the same time the Red Sox are hopefully wrapping up a 2-0 series lead against the Astros. The Patriots have lost center David Andrews for the year, and they now have to scramble to address an underrated position on the offensive side of the ball.“[T]hat’s an important position,” coach Bill Belichick told reporters on Sunday. “The relationship between the center and the quarterback is of course an important one. So Ted [Karras has] done that. He’s been here four years and he’s played a couple games two years ago that David missed. But we’ll see how things work out with the other players on the roster, some of which have just been acquired Brandon Bolden Jerseys 2019 , and I’ll see how it all fits together.“I’m not sure exactly how this will turn out. Again, we haven’t seen three of the players that are on our roster ever run a play in a Patriots uniform. So we’ll evaluate it as we go.”One of those new players is former Bills center Russell Bodine, who recently arrived via trade.“Russell’s had a solid career and quite a bit of experience playing center for Cincinnati and then most recently for Buffalo,” Belichick said. “He’s also played guard in the past, so we’ll see how it goes with the three lineman that we acquired over the past few days. We’ll just see how it all works out, but he’s — at this point — one of the more experienced players on our team in terms of NFL experience. So, we’ll see how all of that comes together.”If it comes together the way it usually comes together for the Patriots White Ryan Allen Jerseys , it will come together just fine. Sure, there will be questions and concerns and maybe some early-season losses that will spark several news cycles featuring breatheless declarations that the Patriots are finally over.Maybe if folks haven’t learned the lesson by now maybe they never will. The Patriots, under Belichick, know how to find their way to wherever they need to go. The fact that they’ve played in four of the last five Super Bowls confirms it.Maybe if the Patriots run that streak to five of the last six, people will finally buy in.

<style media="print" type="text/css">#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; } </style>
Be the first person to like this.