Last night Minnesota Vikings Jerseys 2019 , we passed along the news that the Minnesota Vikings were likely not going to bring back Kevin Stefanski as the offensive coordinator, and instead appeared to be focusing on former Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Mularkey to fill the vacancy.I understand that doesn’t sound like jazzy or sexy potential hire on the surface, but one of our Twitter followers pointed out a potential aspect to this that I had not previously thought of.As I talked about in the piece I posted earlier today, Mike Zimmer knows that he needs to fix the offensive line this offseason, and a big part of that is going to be finding an offensive line coach. Much like he did when he hired Tony Sparano, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Zimmer bring in someone with a great deal of experience that he feels he can trust.Russ Grimm has experience, and he has it in spades.After an outstanding career as part of the legendary “Hogs” that won three Super Bowls for the Washington Redskins, Grimm retired and joined the coaching ranks. He’s been an offensive line coach for four different teams. . .the Redskins, the Pittsburgh Steelers Armon Watts Jersey nfl draft , the Arizona Cardinals, and the Tennessee Titans. . .and has been nothing short of outstanding in all of those spots. When Mularkey took over as the coach of the Titans in 2016, he brought Grimm with him to coach the offensive line, and he transformed the Titans’ offensive line from one of the NFL’s worst to one of its best.Grimm announced his retirement after Mularkey was relieved of his duties in Tennessee after the 2017 season, but he’s taken breaks from coaching before. After the entire coaching staff in Arizona was dismissed following the 2012 season, Grimm was out of coaching until he joined Mularkey in Tennessee in 2016. Perhaps if Mularkey was hired as an offensive coordinator in Minnesota (or anywhere else, really), he would be able to convince Grimm to join him on the sideline again.Obviously, there hasn’t been anything formally out there that suggests that Grimm would be a part of any hiring of Mularkey. But I don’t think it can be discounted as a possibility. At this point Replica Armon Watts Jersey , Grimm can probably pick his spots when it comes to coaching opportunities, and perhaps working with Mularkey again to rebuild the offensive line for a team with big aspirations would be intriguing to him.I understand that a lot of people probably wouldn’t be terribly excited by the Minnesota Vikings hiring Mike Mularkey as their offensive coordinator. I likely would be a part of that crowd. However, I’d be a whole lot more excited about it if Russ Grimm could be convinced to come along and spearhead the rebuilding and rehabilitation of the Vikings’ offensive line. Good Morning!Shoutout to Norsfan yesterday for dropping a Fanpost news and links yesterday.Both Gone Fishin and I were traveling and I think we each anticipated the other would do the thread.It’s Christmas morning here in the US, if you have small children in your home I hope they let you sleep past 0430 before waking you up with screams and screeches of delight.The tradition at our house when our kids were younger was that it was okay to get up early and get the stuff out of your stocking but they had to be quiet until my wife and I woke up.Let’s have a toast to “it was a nice idea in practice but never worked.”Hope your day is great, the food is perfect and guests leave early.While we’re waiting for the next Vikings game to start we’ll continue with our news and links full of beer recommendations, nap strategies, crock pot and smoker recipes. Put those IKEA instructions away, have another cup of Irish coffee and drop by for some fan wisdom, snark and a virtual eggnog. With that Stitched Armon Watts Jersey , let’s do this, beat the Bears!Around the DN since our last thread:The Vikings’ Kyle Rudolph made it look easy against Detroit notes Lucas.Chris has the updated NFC Playoff Picture: Vikings control their destiny, there is one spot remaining.Ted has the Vikings Stock Market Report vs the Lions.Vikings news from other sources:From Vikings.com HC Mike Zimmer addressed the media via conference call.A look at NFC Playoff picture entering Week 17.5 takeaways from the Vikings win over the Lions.Lunchbreak: ‘Discovering ground attack’ key in Vikings win over the Lions.Over at 1500espn Matthew Coller notes the Vikings win, but the slow offensive start is a reminder that there’s work to do.Also by Matthew, Eric Wilson’s strong game another example of UDFA market success.League News:NFL.com Patriots QB Tom Brady “not getting into the specifics of his knee injury.”Jets CEO Christopher Johnson says “Todd Bowles is our Head Coach.”Matt Millen undergoes a successful heart transplant.Final playoff picture: What’s at stake in week 17?We come to today’s media selection: Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra - Christmas HitsAgain, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:-No discussion of politics or religion-No feeding of the trolls-This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door-Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)-Speaking of which Armon Watts Minnesota Vikings Jerseys , if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags-No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer-If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away-While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, try the country ham and as always, Welcome Aboard and Skol Vikings!
Be the first person to like this.